Improve Your "Disaster Personality"
It is important that you expect to survive. To do so you must anticipate the unexpected and prepare your mind and body.
- Attitude – Believe that you can influence events and avoid the victimization trap.
- Knowledge – Be correctly informed to sharpen your mind in the event of an emergency.
- Anxiety control – Help your brain choose the right course of action by using coping devices, such as controlled rhythmic breathing.
- Body weight – Take it seriously. When it’s time to move quickly, your chances for survival are improved.
- Training – Train your brain and your muscles now and they will perform better under stress.
(Excerpted and edited from “How to Survive a Disaster” by Amanda Ripley, TIME Magazine, May 29, 2008)
Make these 5 survival tips part of your preparedness plan!
Click Here for a pdf document you can print.