Dallas County Clerk
Civil Electronic Filing and Service
Records Building - 509 Main Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 202, Dallas, Texas 75202
Phone: (214) 653-7099 • Fax: (214) 653-7695
The Dallas County Clerk’s Office has been accepting documents by e-filing for several years, but it was not required. Effective January 1, 2014, it will be mandatory for attorneys to e-file on all Civil, Probate and Mental Health cases pursuant to Supreme Court Order 13-9092.
Dates of Interest:
Permissive Go Live Date 11/13/2013
1/1/2014 Mandated E-filing for Dallas County begins
Important Information about E-filing with Dallas County Clerk Civil Division
- Proposed orders and requests for issuance of citations, writs or notice’s must be a single filing with the cover letter as the lead document.
- All documents must have social security numbers, tax payer-identification number, bank account information and other financial accounts, credit cards, driver’s licenses, passports or medical information especially pertaining to a minor must be redacted by the filer.
- All documents must be properly electronically signed and must include (1) A “/s/” and name typed in space where signature would otherwise appear or (2) an electronic image or scanned image of signature or a handwritten signature.
- Documents must be in text-searchable PDF format on 8.5 x 11 page with content appropriately rotated.
- Scanned documents must be text searchable and text resolution of 300 dots per inch for black and white documents. Documents with color images must have a minimum resolution of 600 dots per inch.
- Documents with multiple attachments for a single filing must be combined into a single PDF with bookmarks separating content. This includes exhibits and appendices.
- Documents must include the filer’s contact information including an email address in signature block.
- Documents may not contain any security or feature restrictions.
- All information must be in all capital letters.
- All parties to the case should be added with complete address information.
- Documents may not contain multiple pleadings in the same document.
- No fee included
- Not Legible
- Not for Dallas County Civil Division
For additional reasons your filing may be rejected please click here.
Helpful Requirements for eFiling:
Click here for helpful requirements for eFiling.
FAQ’S Regarding eFiling:
- Are you required to e-file? Yes, the Texas Supreme Court mandate is effective as of
January 1st, 2014.
- Who is required to file court documents electronically? All lawyers who practice in the county courts at law, county probate courts, civil district and family courts.
- Who do I use to e-file? You will use an Electronic Filing Service Provider (EFSP). Click the link to locate an approved EFSP: http://www.efiletexas.gov/service-providers.htm
- When can I use an Electronic Filing Service Provider? www.efiletexas.gov is 24 hours a day. Make sure to check with the other Electronic Filing Service Providers to ensure they are as well.
- What is the Maximum Size that can be submitted for an e-filing? www.efiletexas.gov is 35MB, be sure to check with the other Electronic Filing Service Providers on their filing limitations.
- What date and time are applied to my e-filing? When it is submitted or when it is accepted? The date and time applied to your filing would be the submission date and time.
- Will I be notified when my e-filing is accepted? Yes, by the e-mail you provided to the Electronic Filing Service Provider
- Is the Civil Case Information Sheet required at the time of e-filing? Yes, the civil case information sheet and requires can be viewed on Texas Courts Online.
- What if there is not a “filing code” listed for my document, what do I need to do? Select the closest filing type that is relevant to your document.
- I am Pro-Se can I e-file? Yes, you can register with an Electronic Filing Service Providers.
- Is there a Wavier option to e-file with? Yes, www.efiletexas.gov has a wavier option available for use; make sure you check with your Electronic Filing Service Provider if they have that option.
Technical Support: Tyler Technologies. 800-297-5377 or email@example.com