Civil/Family Collections

Civil/Family Collections Information

George L. Allen, Sr. Courts Building - 600 Commerce Street, Suite 103, Dallas, TX 75202
Telephone: (214) 653-7307

Do you accept online payments?


Click here to pay Civil and Family Record Request Fees.

Please note:

  1. Payments take 3-5 days to process and should be paid in advance of due dates.
  2. Child Support, Probation, Restitution or Misdemeanor payments ARE NOT accepted through this website.
  3. We only accept Visa, MasterCard credit cards and debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo.

What do I do if I receive a collections call in error?

Please call (214) 653-6050, Monday - Friday 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m. and provide the telephone number the automated system dialed and the date of call. Once this information has been received and verified, the telephone number will immediately be removed from the database. If you contact this number after business hours or on the weekend please leave a detailed voicemail and a Supervisor will contact you the next business day.

What is my case number?

The case or cause number is a number used to track a case. It is assigned when a case is first filed. The base case number starts with the last two digits of the year in which the case was filed followed by five numbers. A family case has a "DF" prefix while a civil case has a “DC” prefix. For example, a family case was filed in the year 2000 the case number might look like: DF0012345.

In Juvenile cases, the case number does not have a prefix.

Should I put my case number on my payments?

Yes, your payment cannot be credited to your account without the case number. In Juvenile cases, the “PID” number is acceptable. If you cannot find the case number, put your full name and name of the other party on your payment along with telephone contact information. Always put a current return address on the envelope so we can contact you in case we have a problem.

I cannot pay all of my court costs at this time. Can I set up a payment plan?

Payment arrangements may be made with the Collection Section following your court appearance. Contact the Collection Section at: (214) 653-7261. In Juvenile cases, please call (214) 698-4310.

I was notified of a court date and I did not go to court, how can you send me a bill for court costs?

A court notice is mailed to the best address available in the case jacket. If you moved and did not provide the post office with a forwarding address, the post office's forwarding time has expired, or you did not keep the Court informed of your new address, you will not be informed of a court date. Court will convene without you, but the judge can rule that you still owe certain court costs.

How do you justify charging me a $30 treasury service fee for a $2.00 returned check?

The Dallas County Auditor has determined there is a $30 administrative cost to account for and collect on a bad check. This cost is approved by the County Commissioners Court. By law the County can charge a fee to cover its costs but it cannot make a profit from the fee.