What is the Child Support Block, and why can’t I register my vehicle?

If back child support is owed for six or more months, the Attorney General can place a freeze on your registration. Please contact the Office of the Attorney General at 866-646-5611 to arrange payments in the amount they determine.

The Attorney General’s staff will then contact the DMV to request that the hold be removed on your registration record. Once the DMV removes the hold, you will be able to register only the vehicle that was blocked for that year’s registration. If you own multiple vehicles, there may be a block on each vehicle.

Find and Follow Us on FB