Dallas County Purchasing Department
Code of Ethics
Records Building - 509 Main Street, 6th Floor, Room 623, Dallas, TX 75202
Each member of the Purchasing Department staff shall maintain high standards of honesty, integrity, and impartiality and shall abide by the following Code of Ethics:
1. Conduct all purchasing activities in accordance with governing laws and regulations.
2. Encourage all segments of the society to participate by demonstrating support for small, disadvantaged, and minority and women-owned businesses.
3. Strive to attain the highest professional standard of job performance, to exercise diligence in carrying out the duties of Dallas County, and to serve Dallas County to the best of one's ability.
4. Afford all vendors/contractors equal opportunity to compete for Dallas County business at all times. Purchase without prejudice, striving to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure. The Purchasing Department staff should conduct themselves in such a manner that would foster public confidence in the integrity of the procurement process of Dallas County.
5. Avoid any private or professional activity that would create a conflict between your personal interests and the interests of Dallas County.
6. Decline gifts, gratuities or any thing of value from present or potential vendors/contractors, which might influence award decisions.
7. Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample the product.
8. Promote standardization programs to review characteristics and quality of products to purchase.
9. Develop reliable alternate sources of supply to maintain a competitive environment and to meet Dallas County requirements.