State Civil District Court Associate Judge
Hon. Monica McCoy Purdy, Presiding
George L. Allen, Sr. Courts Building – 600 Commerce Street, 6th Floor West, Aux 6-B, Dallas, TX 75202
Court Phone: (214) 653-6043
- Juris Doctor, Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts, Spelman College, 1989
LEGAL EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
- Associate Municipal Court Judge, City of Dallas 2010-2013, appointed 2010.
- Solo Practitioner, local counsel representation of Fortune 500 companies, working closely with in-
house and outside counsel to enter and enforce judgments, realizing a strong collections rate.
- Attorney/Partner at the law firm of Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP, with
responsibilities in the firm’s litigation and bankruptcy sections.
- Licensed by the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Past Member of the Board of Directors
- J.L. Turner Legal Association, Past- President
- National Bar Association, Past Member Board of Governors, Past Regional Director, Past
- Adjunct Professor, Paul Quinn College, 2007-2008. Taught in the Legal Studies Department,
specializing in teaching pre-law courses for college students interested in attending law school.
St. Philip’s Episcopal School and Community Center, Trustee
The Lamplighter School Parents Association, President-Elect
St. Luke “Community” United Methodist Church, Member
Jack and Jill of America, Inc., Member
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Member