- ADAP: AIDS Drug Assistance Program, run by the State to provide medications & primary care to uninsured people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA)
- Administrative Agent (AA): Dallas County Health & Human Services, that administers the day-to-day operations of the Ryan White contracts
- EMA: Eligible Metropolitan Area – An urban area that received funds under Part A or the Ryan White law. The Dallas EMA consists of 12 counties.
- Grantee: The Dallas County Health & Human Services – the agency that oversees Ryan White funds.
- HRSA: Health Resources Services Administration – The federal agency that administers the Ryan White Act nationally.
- MAI: Minority AIDS Initiative – A portion of the Ryan White funds that are targeted to reducing health disparities among minority populations.
- PLWHA: An abbreviation for “people living with HIV/AIDS”
- Ryan White Treatment Extension Act: The federal legislation that authorizes funds for health and social services for PLWHA. Formerly known as the Ryan White CARE Act.
- EMA: Eligible Metropolitan Area
- HSDA: Health Services Delivery Area