DCHHS strives to increase homeownership opportunities in Dallas County for low-to-moderate income families through homebuyer education, mortgage counseling and down payment assistance programs.
DCHHS’ Home Loan Counseling Center (HLCC) is the oldest and most comprehensive provider of homebuyer education and counseling in the North Texas area. Since 1989, HLCC has been making homeownership a reality for families in Dallas County.
HLCC partners with local municipal governments and non-profit housing agencies, home builders, realtors and mortgage lenders in an effort to provide homeownership opportunities for low-to-moderate income families in Dallas County.
Center services include:
- Upfront Cost Assistance Program (UPCAP) down payment assistance
- financial education classes
- first-time homebuyer seminars
- foreclosure and reverse mortgage loan counseling
- Designated Agency for Home of Your Own program to assist households with disabled individuals purchase a home
- Section 8 Homeownership program
HLCC is a HUD approved counseling agency. Services are offered in English and Spanish, and they are free of charge to anyone interested in homeownership, regardless of income, race, religion, sex, age or national origin.
For more information, visit the center in Suite 724 or call 214-819-6060 for an appointment.
Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
HLCC Administrator M. Joyce Brown can be reached by fax at 214-819-6069 or by e-mail at HLCC@dallascounty.org.