14th Judicial District Court
Hon. Eric V. Moyé, Presiding
George L. Allen, Sr. Courts Building – 600 Commerce Street, 5th Floor New Tower, Dallas, TX 75202
Court Adnministrator: (214) 653-6000 • Fax: (214) 653-6001
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1979
- B.A., with distinction, Southern Methodist University, 1976
LEGAL EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
- Over 25 years of civil practice experience.
- Appointed by Gov. Ann Richards in 1993 to serve as Judge of the 101st Civil District Court, Dallas County, and presided over more than 1,000 cases dealing with commercial, personal injury and all manner of civil cases.
- Prior to election, Judge Moye' was founding partner with Vincent & Moyé, P.C., a commercial litigation firm with offices in Dallas and Houston.
- Commenced legal career at the Dallas-based firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P. Formerly attorney and partner with the Dallas firm of Vial, Hamilton, Koch & Knox, L.L.P., with responsibilities across a broad range of commercial litigation.
- Licensed by the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Ninth Circuit, the U.S. Court of Claims, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas and the Northern District of California, all courts of the State of Texas and all courts of the State of New York.
- State Bar of Texas, including past service on several committees
- State Bar of New York
- American Bar Association, including past service on the Litigation Section Small Firm and Sole Practitioner Committee
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Dallas Bar Association, including past service on Professional Service and Admissions & Membership committees
- American Association for Justice, formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association, 1989-92
- American Judicature Society, 1984-96
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 1984-92
- Adjunct faculty member, Dedman College, Southern Methodist University
- Member, guest faculty, Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Workshop
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Harvard Law School Alumni Association of Texas President, 1990-94
- Dallas Civil Liberties Foundation Treasurer, 1989
- Dallas Civil Liberties Union, 1987-94
- Dallas Symphony Association Governor, 1987-90
- Permit and License Appeal Board, City of Dallas, 1985-88
- Dallas Homeowners League Political Action Fund, 1985
- Leadership Dallas, 1985
- Office of Public Utility Counsel Advisory Board, 1984-86
- Harvard Law School Association of Dallas Centennial Committee Liaison,
- Mayor’s Task Force on Housing and Economic Development in Southern Dallas, 1983-85
- St. Phillip’s Episcopal School Trustee, 1983-85
- Dallas Urban League, 1980-83
- Dispute Mediation Services of Dallas, 1980-89