Dallas County Sheriff
- There were 86,776 inmates booked in 2012.
- The average daily jail population is 6,500.
- 7,100 is the maximum capacity of inmate housing.
- Lew Sterrett Justice Center houses the 2nd largest mental health facility in Texas.
- There are 22,000 meals prepared and served daily to inmates.
- There are 1.7 million loads of laundry washed daily in the Dallas County jail.
- The mail room processes 600,000 pieces of inmate mail yearly.
- 1,000 volunteers assist with Inmate Programs per month.
- The Dallas County Sheriff’s Department answers 250,000 public calls annually.
- The Dallas County Sheriff’s Department cleared 4,757 accidents last year throughout Dallas County.
- 55,538 traffic stops were conducted last year by sheriff’s deputies across Dallas County.
- There were 8,688 prisoner transfers to Texas Department of Correction facilities in 2012.