When on a trail in Dallas County always:
- HAVE FUN.
- BE COURTEOUS to everyone at all times.
- BE AWARE of your surroundings, the weather, and the trail traffic around you.
- RIDE AND SKATE AT SAFE SPEEDS depending on the weather, the amount of trail traffic, and other conditions.
- USE ONLY NON-MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- KEEP TO THE RIGHT except when passing.
- PASS ON THE LEFT.
- ANNOUNCE WHEN PASSING OR APPROACHING FROM BEHIND.
- LOOK BOTH WAYS when approaching an intersection with another trail, a sidewalk, a footpath, or a street.
- OBEY ALL STOP SIGNS AND YIELD SIGNS.
- DON’T STOP AND STAND IN TRAIL. If you need to pause or stop to rest, please step-off to the right of the trail.
- DON’T MAKE U-TURNS. If you need to turn-around, step-off to the right of the trail, wait for an opening, and then safely cross the trail and travel in the opposite direction.
- WALK NO MORE THAN TWO-ACROSS and be sure to either move further to the right edge of the trail or to walk single-file when someone attempts to pass on the left or when encountering on-coming traffic.
- RIDE OR SKATE SINGLE-FILE.
- KEEP DOGS ON A SHORT LEASH.
- PICK-UP AFTER YOUR DOG.
- KEEP VOLUME LOW on audio/telecommunications equipment. You need to be able to hear people approaching you from behind.
- USE TRASH RECEPTACLES.
- WEAR A HELMET IF YOU SKATE OR BIKE.
- FOLLOW OTHER POSTED RULES OR LAWS.