Emergency Assistance: 214-653-7000
600 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX 75202
For safety and security Dallas County has prohibited certain items from being brought through areas with security checkpoints. To help you plan ahead and avoid the potential of additional screening, be sure to check out the prohibited items list below and plan accordingly.
It's important to know that even if an item is generally permited, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with the security officers whether to allow any items through the security checkpoint.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dallas County Security at: 214-653-6000 or speak to an officer at the security checkpoint.
- Any type of Club intended for personal defense, including but not limited to blackjack, nightstick, mace, hatchet, baton, PR-24.
- Any type of explosive device, including but not limited to, bomb, grenade, rocket, mine, fireworks, blasting caps, toy caps.
- Firearm of any kind, including but not limited to pistol, rifle, shotgun, improvised firearms, BB/Pellet guns, rubber band guns.
- Defensive spray of any kind, including but not limited to Mace, pepper spray, oleoresin capsicum.
- Knives: Only common pocket knives with blade(s) under 2” in length that fold into the handle, doesn’t open by pressing a button of any kind and doesn’t lock in place will be allowed. All other styled knives or devices used for cutting are prohibited.
- Knuckles (brass, steel, wooden, spiked)
- Stun gun, Taser.
- Hoax weapon (any item that appears to be a prohibited weapon).
- Chemical dispensing device, including aerosol cans.*
- Fashion chains (attached to wallets, keys, etc…).
- Any item that is unnecessary for the normal conduct of County business that could reasonably be a threat or disturbance to County business.
- No flammable liquids.
- No alcoholic beverages.
NOTE: * indicates exceptions could be made for County employees who display a County-issued ID badge.