Para versión en Español, seleccione “Spanish” en el menú desplegable al inferior de esta página.
Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Time Commitment: Interns are required to commit at least 15-20 hours per week during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Interns may be asked to work outside of normal business hours for special events or during a disaster response when the Emergency Operations Center is activated.
Dress Code: A professional appearance and business casual attire is required. Closed toe and heel shoes are required in the Emergency Operations Center.
Code of Conduct: All interns are subject to the same policies and guidelines as Dallas County employees. Interns are expected to:
- Adhere to county work hours and all county policies and procedures.
- Adhere to county policies governing the observation of confidentiality and the handling of confidential information.
- Assume personal and professional responsibility for his/her actions and activities.
- Maintain professional relationships with county employees, Dallas County residents, etc.
- Relate and apply knowledge acquired in the academic setting to the professional setting.
- Be consistent and punctual in the submission of all work assignments.
Applicants must pass an initial background check and meet additional requirements of the Dallas County Human Resources Department and those of the Office of County Judge. Selection is made based on a number of factors, including a pre-employment interview.
Academic Credit: Contact your academic advisor for requirements and to gain course credit.
For more information please contact:
Dallas County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
214-653-7980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status or disabled veterans' status. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes, per the Americans with Disabilities Act.