Para versión en Español, seleccione “Spanish” en el menú desplegable al inferior de esta página.
Homeland Security and Emergency Management
The emergency management internship program with Dallas County's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM) provides an opportunity for students or recent graduates to explore career options, apply academic knowledge and skills to the workplace, gain career skills, build resumes and network with emergency management professionals throughout the North Texas Metroplex. While working in HSEM, interns will:
- Complete National Incident Management System (NIMS) training and the Professional Development Series through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Complete at least one community outreach or engagement activity.
- Participate in at least one planning activity.
- Attend regional emergency management meetings and network with other state and federal emergency management and homeland security professionals.
- Prepare for and/or participate in at least one exercise (tabletop, functional, or full-scale).
- Work toward the Texas Emergency Management Association's (TEM) Emergency Management Assistant Certification (EMA).
- Learn about the role of local government as it relates to state, regional and federal partners.
- Gain real world experience with public safety.