Dallas County Auditor’s Office
What is the Function of the Auditor’s Office
Records Building - 509 Main Street, 4th Floor, Suite 407, Dallas, Texas 75202-3548
Phone: (214) 653-6472 • Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
It is the County Auditor’s responsibility to maintain the integrity of financial administration in county government. The County Auditor is charged with administering the budget, and has financial oversight of all books and records of all offices and officers of the County.
The County Auditor…
- forecasts financial data for budgetary formulation
- audits the records and accounts of the various county departments
- administers the county budget as approved by Commissioners Court
- prepares and administers accounting records for all county funds
- as an accountant has a general oversight of all the books and
records of all County Officials
- is charged with strictly enforcing laws governing county finances
- as an economist advises Commissioners Court concerning financial conditions as they affect the decision-making process