CONSTABLE OFFICES DEPUTY I POSITION
This announcement serves as notification of registration for the Deputy Constable entry-level law enforcement exam. In order to qualify and sit for the written examination, candidates must have met the minimum qualifications prior to registration. All candidates must register at the following location only:
Dallas County Human Resources/Civil Service Department
509 Main Street, Room #101 (Records Building)
Dallas, Texas 75202
Registration Period: FRIDAY, MARCH 9, 2015 through WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2015
Time: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Monday thru Friday)
TEST DATE: April 2015 (you will be notified of the exact date and time via email)
CONSTABLE DEPUTY TESTING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The list below contains the minimum eligibility requirements for the examination and processing for Deputy I position:
- Candidate must have TCOLE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement) certification as a Peace Officer and one of the following combinations: (1) thirty (30) hours of college from an accredited college or university with a grade “C” or better andone (1) year of law enforcement experience; OR (2) fifteen (15) hours of college from an accredited college or university with a grade “C” or better and two (2) years of law enforcement experience; OR (3) three (3) years of law enforcement experience; or
- Candidate currently serves as a Texas Peace Officer with two (2) years continuous employment with an agency in the State of Texas as a peace officer and currently possesses a Basic Peace Officer Certificate issued by TCOLE (verification must be provided);
- Deputy Constable Recruit: A candidate may be considered for a Deputy Constable Recruit at a lower salary grade with a combination of TCOLE certification, education, and/or work experience that equates to two (2) years. (These minimum qualifications are required prior to the candidate taking the written entry level law enforcement examination).
- With TCOLE Only: If a candidate has only a TCOLE license the candidate can sit for the exam. If the candidate passes the exam and a Constable is interested in hiring the candidate, the person can be hired, but would remain a deputy constable recruit for 2 ½ years, until he/she meets the minimum qualifications of three (3) years.
Other Requirements for Constable Offices Deputy I position:
* I am at least twenty-one (21) years of age and possess a valid Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
* I am a citizen of the United States.
* Candidate must have a social security number and a valid driver’s license.
* I have not had a Peace Officer, jailer, or reserve license issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (or any other like issuing authority) revoked or suspended for any reason.
* I have not been convicted of an offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last (10) ten years.
* I have never been convicted at any level of an offense involving family violence.
* I have not been prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle.
* I have not been prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.
* I have one of the following: a high school diploma or a GED.
(*) College degrees or college hours completed are only accepted from post-secondary educational institutions that have been
accredited to grant degrees by one of the national or regional accrediting agencies in the United States, as recognized by the United States Department of Education. A certified transcript that is embossed with the institution’s raised seal must be provided as proof during the registration period; and
Education obtained outside the United States must be converted, at the candidate’s expense, to the equivalent United States educational level by a recognized accrediting agency or organization in the United States.